Minoxidil is a popular drug used to treat baldness, beard and eyebrow growth. However, it is worth pointing out that minoxidil is not a hair growth product. It was discovered in the mid-1960s and launched for the treatment of high blood pressure. During use of the product, it was noticed that one of the side effects was body hair growth. Soon, the cosmetics industry saw an opportunity in marketing minoxidil to solve problems related to baldness, beard and eyebrow flaws. To answer the question, does Minoxidil work for growing beards?
Yes. However, its effectiveness is on average 51%, i.e., for every 100 people who use minoxidil for beard growth, 51 will get results and 49 will not.
There are already more effective and modern options on the market for beard growth, some with up to 92% effectiveness and satisfaction in facial hair growth, such as Nanofactor® IGF Biotechnological Beard Growth Factor Don Alcides. It is a cosmeceutical based on the active IGF (Insulinic Growth Factor) launched by BASF, a German company, a worldwide reference in chemistry with more than 100 years in research and development in the cosmetic area.
- 1 DOES MINOXIDIL MAKE THE BEARD GROW?
- 2 IS MINOXIDIL THE BEST OPTION TO GROW A BEARD?
- 3 HOW TO APPLY MINOXIDIL TO GROW BEARD?
- 4 HOW TO OPTIMIZE MINOXIDIL ON THE BEARD?
- 5 ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS OF MINOXIDIL?
- 6 IS IT TRUE THAT MINOXIDIL Cause A SEXUAL IMPOTENCE?
- 7 CONSIDERATIONS ON THE USE OF MINOXIDIL FOR BEARD GROWTH.
- 8 WHEN USING MINOXIDIL FOR GROWING BEARDS, DOES IT CAUSE SPOTS IN THE APPLICATION AREA?
- 9 IS THE END RESULT OF MINOXIDIL TREATMENT LONG-LASTING?
- 10 HOW DOES THE BEARD GROWTH PRODUCT BY DON ALCIDES WORK?
DOES MINOXIDIL MAKE THE BEARD GROW?
As mentioned in the introduction of the text, minoxidil works to grow beard, yes. However, external factors such as stress and food can influence this, and of course biological factors such as genetics.
The effectiveness of Minoxidil for beard growth is around 51%, i.e. it will not bring results in 100% of the treatments. For you to have better chances of success, it is recommended to visit a dermatologist to analyze your situation.
IS MINOXIDIL THE BEST OPTION TO GROW A BEARD?
Minoxidil was once the best option. Today, however, it has become an outdated product. Minoxidil has been on the market since the 1960s, and obviously, with the evolution of the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industry, there are already products with up to 92% effectiveness and satisfaction in beard growth.
Currently, one of the safest and most effective options in the treatment of filling flaws and beard growth in Brazil is the cosmeceutical from Don Alcides, a pioneer in the country in the segment of products for beard health and maintenance. It is a nano-technology that is easily absorbed by the dermis to generate the necessary biological processes of beard generation.
HOW TO APPLY MINOXIDIL TO GROW BEARD?
The application of minoxidil is topical, i.e., it is applied directly to the skin. Minoxidil should be applied to the places where beard growth is desired to fill in the gaps. Because it is a water-based product, it is difficult to apply, so we recommend using a cotton pad for better applicability on the face.
HOW TO OPTIMIZE MINOXIDIL ON THE BEARD?
Some recommendations may be used when applying minoxidil to improve its permeability on the skin and maximize the effectiveness on the beard:
- Clean the skin properly: clean skin absorbs the minoxidil more effectively, allowing the medication to work at its best. As a result, we recommend using a beard shampoo to clean and sanitize the face before using the product. Don Alcides Beard Shampoo also includes vitamin E capsules, which provide a balanced and natural exfoliation that aids in the removal of dead skin cells from the face.
- Use a hot towel in the application area: the steam and high temperature widen the pores, allowing the product to be absorbed more effectively by the dermis. As a result, before applying minoxidil to the skin, consider using a hot towel.
- Micro-needling is an aesthetic procedure that uses micro-needles to enter the dermis. The treatment increases skin permeability, allowing minoxidil and other hair growth agents to be absorbed more easily. Not to mention that micro-needling promotes the production of collagen fibers, a key protein in the creation of beards.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS OF MINOXIDIL?
One of the possible side effects of minoxidil is facial redness at the application areas. This is due to the fact that the substance might cause photosensitivity to the skin.
Minoxidil frequently causes facial irritation, skin peeling, and dandruff in the beard.
A large percentage of men who have taken minoxidil have reported hair loss after discontinuing usage of the medication. This is obvious since minoxidil was not designed to grow beards; hair growth is only a side effect of the medication. When the medication is discontinued, the side effect of hair loss is noticed.
IS IT TRUE THAT MINOXIDIL Cause A SEXUAL IMPOTENCE?
Many people wonder if using minoxidil causes sexual impotence. In reality, it has little effect on libido, let alone impotence. This is frequent in patients receiving finasteride, a hormone that increases anti-hair loss action and is often used in treatments for beard, hair, and brow growth.
CONSIDERATIONS ON THE USE OF MINOXIDIL FOR BEARD GROWTH.
It works, but we don’t suggest it because there are more effective alternatives on the market. When comparing Minoxidil to Nanofactor® IGF Don Alcides Beard Growth Factor, we see that, in addition to a significant improvement in results, the Don Alcides cosmeceutical performs even better in applicability, since the product was created using a tonic gel emulsion. Don Alcides Growth Factor for Beards does not drip and does not leave stains on the face.
WHEN USING MINOXIDIL FOR GROWING BEARDS, DOES IT CAUSE SPOTS IN THE APPLICATION AREA?
Minoxidil can lead to photosensitivity of the skin, but what does this mean? When using the product you’ll notice an abnormal sensitivity of the skin when exposed to the sun’s rays. In other words, when the sun enters the minoxidil application site, the skin becomes irritated, usually red, dry, and itchy, and can even cause spots.
Therefore, it is recommended during the treatment with minoxidil for beard growth that people avoid direct exposure to the sun.
If the person cannot avoid sun rays, we recommend the use of a good sunscreen at the minoxidil application area.
IS THE END RESULT OF MINOXIDIL TREATMENT LONG-LASTING?
Finally, minoxidil does not produce long-term results. When the usage of minoxidil is discontinued, significant hair loss occurs. The Don Alcides Beard Development Factor, on the other hand, works through two biological mechanisms to encourage permanent beard growth. What exactly does this mean? The beard continues to grow strong and healthy after the completion of the treatment.
Don Alcides Beard Growth Factor promotes long-term treatment results by acting on two biological processes: angiogenesis and collagenogenesis.
HOW DOES THE BEARD GROWTH PRODUCT BY DON ALCIDES WORK?
The Don Alcides Beard Growth Factor works through two major biological processes:
- Angiogenesis: Stimulates and generates new blood vessels from those already existing in the dermis.
- Collagenogenesis: Increases the quantity of collagen and elastin available in the dermis by promoting the formation of new fibroblasts.
These two processes, when combined, enhance the hair follicle’s capacity for nourishment, as well as the follicular mesh and, as a result, beard volume and density will be increased, collagen and elastin, two proteins produced by a chain of over three thousand amino acids, promotes improved beard strength, thickness, and growth.
In other words, it is scientifically proven that there is no magic. It is also worth noting that this is the only product in Brazil having national and international clinical studies based on IGF that demonstrate the efficacy of the results in beard growth and filling in gaps. Furthermore, because it was created in a tonic gel emulsion it’s appropriate for use on the face, it can also be used on the eyebrow.
8 Steps Routine for Dry Beard
Why do beards make a man more attractive?
The Benefits of Beard and Mustache
Beard Trimmer Review: Best Picks For 2022
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Leave a Reply